The R 449 voltage regulator is of a shunt type. It is designed to fit as standard on A50 to A 54 alternators. It can be supplied with power either by a power VT, or by the AREP field excitation system, or by a single-phase or 3-phase PMG. Using the R 726 external module, the regulator can control the power factor (2F) and can match the alternator voltage to the mains voltage (3F) prior to synchronisation.
Leroy Somer AVR
Leroy Somer AVR R449 | Original
The regulator includes:
- A main terminal strip (10 terminals)
- A secondary terminal block (5 terminals)
- A frequency selection terminal block (3 terminals) – A quadrature droop potentiometer
- A voltage potentiometer
- A stability potentiometer
- A maximum excitation potentiometer
- A sensing selection jumper ST1 (single/3-phase with an external module)
- A response time jumper ST2 – A frequency selection jumper ST3 – An external voltage setting jumper ST4 – A LAM (load adjustment module) jumper ST5
- From R449 Version E number 10,000, this jumper will be removable.
- A selecti